Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Its the (almost) final countdown

As the weeks are getting closer to Alexander's Due Date (Mid-February) my to-do lists are getting longer. While I cross a few things off here and there I add a few on, so it's a never ending list.


I thought this looked like some fun. Mark your predictions for Alexander's appearance! http://bebepool.com/threemarie24

Hospital tour. On the last day of 2011 we toured Woodwinds Maternity department. J and I knew it was amazing there, but it somehow still was beyond our expectations. For J knowing what door to go to was the biggest thing he wanted to get out of the tour. For me it was seeing the rooms and just being in the area where I will get to meet my son for the first time. We saw both a land delivery room and a water-birthing room. Bummer is they only have one water room, but I am praying that I will be able to get my water birth. If you could send a little T&P my way, that would be great. :) While on the tour the guide asked if anyone (out of the 5 couples) had their Due Date within a month. Well that's kind of us!!!! (small freak out as we both looked at each other, we knew it was close but not this close.) She highly suggested for us to pre-register (check!!! ) and to get our car seat in, what?? Car seat already!? Well I suppose, in case he wants to come early and well Thursday I will be 34 weeks. So he can safely come anytime after 37 weeks, so yeah we should get the car seat in. See what I mean....add that to the list.

Hospital bag. Must be done, and soon. We have been meaning to pack this for the last week, but time and other things on our lists keep getting in the way. I have a few lists mashed together of what I want to bring, now I just have to get it all and put it in the bag and keep it by the door. I can NOT believe we are at the point of having a hospital bag by the door!!!  On the same lines of the bag, I have to finalize my birth plan....I know, I know it might change, I get that but I still need to have my wishes on paper so we are all on the same page.

Nursery. We have the dresser and crib all set up and ready to go. Santa brought us a crib mattress so we were able to get all of his bedding on and it is all ready for a sunggley baby to nap in. J and I have been SO blessed with hand-me-down clothes, I have been working on the bags for at least two months now. I finally have all of the newborn clothes sorted, cleaned and put in the dresser. I am now working on the 0-3 sizes. I sorted all of the clothes already, but I want to go over them all by sizes again. He really does have too many clothes so I am trying to figure out what he will be using and will tote up the rest.  I still need some decor items, a rug and some wall things. Oh and maybe a closet organizer thing, since its a small closet. A changing pad as well. We are doubling the dresser as a changing station.

Cloth Diapers. We have a nice stash of CD's going for us but need more of the accessories. Inserts, wipes, sprayer, some wet bags, a few more covers would be great. While we are going to CD we will be using Seventh Gen disposable diapers while he is a newborn and then moving into CD when he gets big enough for the CD sizes I have.

Food. I am planning on Brest Feeding so hopefully I can have the food part covered on my end. But there is always a chance so I still need to get a few bottles. I actually need to get bottles to freeze so J can feed Alexander and I can take a break, or pump! Speaking of pumping, I still need to clean mine, I got mine from a friend and it needs to be sanitized, or get new tubes or something. I really need to look into that.

Fun things.  Doula meeting, Maternity photo shoot and Baby showers!! The next two weekends are full of fun. I remember when I first set the dates for these events. They all seemed like forever ago and as everything else has, they have ran up on us so fast. This will be the first time J will get to meet Jonna. After going to the Hypnobirthing classes and hearing more positive reasons why Doula's ROCK he really is looking forward to meeting her and going through "the big day."  I have a few outfits in mind for the photo shoot and the showers, now just trying to figure out what to wear to what event then I'll be able to cross these to-do's of the list! 

Midwife appointments/34 weeks! I am to the point in the pregnacy that I have every other week MW appointments, in just a few weeks I will be going every week until he gets here. This was yet another, oh my goodness this is really getting close moments for me. This Thursday I will be 34 weeks along. Making next week milestone SO crazy...35/35!! 35 weeks, 35 days to go. Alexander is now comparable to a Honeydew! Weighing an average of 4.2 to 5.8 lbs and measuring 17.2 to 18.7 inches long.

I'll update you all with a picture and some fun facts on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment